Blogging can be a great promotional and lead generation tool for your business but, as Inc notes, it is important not to do or write anything that could land you in a bit of legal bother. Here are the basic precautions and tips the article suggests that the business blogger understands to stay out of trouble:
- Don’t infringe copyright – it’s the number one legal problem most bloggers face.
- Don’t make false or ridiculous claims about how good your product is.
- Focus on creating a positive image for your own business and product range, and spend less blog space bad mouthing the competition.
- Get the required permission before using any other brand/name in order to promote your own wares.
- Always tell the truth.
- Read the TOS carefully if you’re using third party sites to blog.