Internet marketing strategies such as content marketing and SEO are crucial for small businesses to get exposure to new leads and customers. As the internet has evolved, content marketing appears to have become a key component within the overall digital marketing plan. That’s all well and good, but leveraging a content marketing strategy can be a little trickier than it might at first seem. Especially when budgets are tight. Below are some key tips to help you master your content marketing strategy:
1. Get The Balance Between Creating & Promoting Content Right. It’s one thing having 100 articles written. It’s quite another thing organizing and promoting that content within the right mediums so that a good mix of targeted clients can actually see them. You could have a thousand blog posts – kind of pointless though if no one’s reading them.
2. Really, Focus On QUALITY. There’s an old mantra within the internet marketing world which is only half true – “Content Is King.” – The fact is, only high pedigree content will have the effect you crave from your content marketing activities. Great content resonates within the reader. It makes them sit up and take notice. It also says a lot about you, your business and the likely quality of your premium offerings. Only publish your best stuff.
3. Remember Content Evolution. The internet has evolved now to a berth of different media types. Written content is great – but you can also use your base content to create videos, infographics, audios and more. The more you permeate the web with your base content, the more traffic will be pounding your doors from a wide myriad of sources.
4. Long Haul Mindset. Content marketing requires a lot of patience. The key to seeing results is in picking the right keywords and publishing unique content on a regular basis. The more you can get your content appreciated, ranked, tweeted and “thumbs upped” – the more poignant your content marketing campaign is likely to be.
5. Create “Evergreen” Content. This can be a challenge for some industries (for example technology where the target subject might be out of date in weeks or months). However, the more your content can be relevant into the future, the more natural benefits it will bring to your site. You wont have to keep re-writing or tweaking articles, and there’s no danger of visitors coming over an out of date article and mentally tagging your site as the same.
6. Use The Right Backlink Strategy. Google changes its mind on backlinks with nauseating regularity. Therefore, keep in the know about how to incorporate backlinks into your content marketing strategy. Include links to other quality resources within your content within reason. Also, ensure your own site backlinks can be seen in the right authority sites (and preferably with some people actively clicking on them).
7. Use PLR To Speed Up Your Content Creation. PLR (Private Label Rights) is “off the shelf” content that can be purchased on the internet. While you cant really use PLR to publish online content (unless you have a fetish for lower Google rankings), you can use them as a template to create your own unique content. PLR can be purchased on just about every topic you can think of, and you can use free PLR spin software to edit the content into unique articles if you wish.