Your business plan is a crucial element that will help keep you and your troops focused – and be instrumental in the successful courting of funds to help grow your operations.
Noobpreneur has a good summary of how to create a business plan that works, and the main points are:
- Create an executive summary that clearly and energetically outlines what you and your company are about.
- Provide encouraging information about how your staff and executive are perfectly geared for your company to succeed.
- Set goals and targets in your plan that are challenging yet achievable.
- Provide an accountable marketing budget.
- Demonstrate that you understand the market by providing detailed competition and market analysis.
- Show accurate and sensible financial projections.