Choosing a potent business name is a key branding consideration, if you’re at the cusp of starting up your own business. A good name should encapsulate what your business is largely about, while being snappy at the same time.
A nice infographic on social network site Pinterest nicely summarizes how to name your business. Some things to keep in mind:
- Be generic rather than limiting yourself to a very tight genre. For instance, even if you are a publisher of finance books, you can give the company a more generic publishing name so you have the option of branching out into different niches later.
- The name should provide focus on which end of the market you cater to.
- Keep it as simple and easy as possible.
- Do some research and test out possible names with any existing clients or family/friends.
- Check the domain name is available.