Online reputation as a business concept within its own right really took off in 2012 – with all businesses and customers online mingling and interweaving between themselves and over social networks, staying on top of reputation management is a fundamental brand defense strategy.
Inc.com suggests that some entrepreneurs may be shooting their own reputations in the foot with these online reputation mistakes:
- Don’t brag about how perfect you, and your family are. It’s pompous and sanctimonious and wont win you any friends.
- Don’t over do it with highlighting the number of degrees and qualifications you have.
- Be careful what you post on social networks – whether it’s written words or that picture of you swinging from the Chandelier at the Christmas office party.
- Tone down the “I’m a CEO” nonsense.
- Do not refer to yourself as a guru.