If you’re toying with the idea of selling up, there are some key considerations to keep in mind to ensure that you get maximum value for your business. Entrepreneur has outlined a number of tips to help you get the most for your business. For example:
- Stay focused while you go about finding a buyer – everything needs to run like a well oiled machine as potential buyers thumb through your offer.
- Know your numbers inside out – Everything from the number of employees to key metrics should be at the tip of your tongue.
- Have a ballpark range that you believe your business is genuinely worth.
- Be open to change your current business plan to fit what’s really going on in your business.
- Understand what your competitors are worth to help justify your asking price.