Crowdfunding is one of those new buzz terms that are going to be here for a while. And, in a cash strapped economy with banks that are becoming increasingly shy in lending to SME’s, it’s hard to argue against the logic of small businesses raising cash by selling equity to individual lenders (people) online.
However, BusinessWeek lays out five important and seemingly unanswered questions about the crowdfunding ideology:
- What will crowdfunding intermediaries look like?
- What role would the state and its regulators play?
- When will key rules be set?
- How will fraud be tackled?
- How will the fraudsters be kept away?