Improving business productivity need not require steep investment in new systems and tools – in fact, it can cost absolutely nothing if you follow the Ten Ways To Improve Productivity With Zero Capital article published by Business Blogs Hub.
Included in the rolodex of tips are:
- Distinguish how work should be done from how it is actually being done.
- Question all your assumptions. If a system was put in place years, or even decades ago it may be time to re-evaluate things.
- Validate business rules.
- Ask what need each system or practice is filling.
- Examine all roles.
- Rearrange sequence.
- Remove roles that appear to be redundant.
- Lower the number of handoffs.
- Evaluate all your technology and tools to see where improvements can be made.
- Remove roadblocks.