Are you a good boss? Inc.com has a checklist of seven things great bosses do – a couple of the points may actually surprise you:
- Show a small amount of vulnerability. Bosses are often viewed with more than a little bit of fear by those who report to them, which is why throwing in the odd glimpse of vulnerability can be a good thing.
- Allow staff to use your broad ideas and gameplan but employ their own methods to implement them.
- Provide unexpected attention.
- Give employees a break.
- Toss in the odd undeserved compliment.
- Offer compassion, because sooner or later every one of your workers will need it.