It would be a crying shame if a customer who wanted to buy something from your site ended up clicking away just because your e-commerce checkout process was clumsy or uncomfortable. eConsultancy.com has released a well illustrated blurb sharing the best ways of improving your e-commerce checkouts. Some of the tips include:
- Use established trustmarks to gain credibility.
- Make the checkout process as simple and quick as possible.
- Offer different ways to pay.
- Keep distractions away from the checkout page.
- Make your checkout process smooth for mobile users.
- Clearly state full prices including delivery charges.
- Let customers change their order conveniently.
- Setup a progress indicator so customers know where in the checkout process they are at.
- Make delivery options clear.