Networking, as far as business skills go is right up there with anything that may have been taught in your Business Studies degree. Good networkers seem to be able to conjure up business opportunities seemingly out of thin air – but chances are, rather than luck, these super networkers imbibe these seven habits within their networking missions:
- Ask potent, intelligent questions
- Add value to people you network with
- Learn other peoples story
- Leave people with a distinct memory
- List things that happened after you network, during the event.
- Keep your promises
- Reward those people who you believe to be power contacts
More information is available on the 7 habits of good networkers in this Entrepreneur article.