How to increase website traffic? This has been the question of many Internet entrepreneurs and marketers today as the competition gets tougher and tougher. Website traffic is vital for sales especially for online stores such as Amazon and Ebay. This is also the very reason why businesses hire SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) experts to be familiar how online marketing works. Visibility is essential for any small and medium-sized business for target customers to know they exist.
Google, the world’s leading search engine, offers the Google Webmaster tools. It has the ability to tell you if there are problems when it indexes your website. These tools give you a better perspective of your website and increase its traffic progressively.
- Adding a sitemap. Sitemap is similar to an index of a book. It shows Google your site’s structure. These tools can make it for you so you won’t have to do it manually. Video sitemap is also essential if you have a video in your site. It permits Google to index the video instead of sending the visitors to video sites such as Youtube.
- Optimise the posts. In search queries, Google tells you the keywords utilised to look for your website and their positions in search results. It can serve as your guide to improve and create good results.
One can link another related website to your post by means of the keyword one has chosen, so Google can easily understand what the post is all about. Changing the title is also essential. Bear in mind the start of the title is vital than the words at the end. One paramount way to increase your rank and website traffic is to have other websites link back to your post.
- Clean up the sitelinks. When your website becomes one of Google’s favorites, it displays additional links and you can control them through webmaster tools. You have the chance to display the best links and remove the unnecessary ones.
- Look for HTML errors. HTML errors affect the indexing of your website so once Google detects them, they must be resolved immediately. Fixing them will increase the traffic.
- Solve server errors immediately. Server errors will do no good to your website and might harm it. Like HTML errors, fix them as early as possible.
- Specify your target. If your website has general domain such as .edu, .com or .org, then tell Google your target country. It improves your ranking in that particular country.
- Get rid of the bad links. Google Webmaster has a feature that allows one to remove the bad links from the site. Once Google reports of unnatural links, then eliminate those right away. Make sure you get rid of the links that Google doesn’t like as this will decrease you traffic.
Google Webmaster tools offer essential information for your website’s health. Be aware of it and do the necessary changes. Solve the issues and once optimised correctly, it drives traffic to your site continuously.